Friday, March 25, 2011

Review : Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

 
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is one I've been wanting to try for a while. I have extremely dry skin and have been looking for something more hydrating. I find your able to work it into your skin best by using a stippling brush, but it will  apply smoothly with your fingertips and feels quit silky to the touch. This foundation leaves a satin/matte finish on your skin but does not leave you dried out. I think that someone with normal/oily skin could use this comfortably throughout the day without having to re-powder or blot much or at all. I found only two cons to this foundation.
  • > For the price($43) the packaging leaves much to be desired as the tube can get quit messy.
  • > I found that the smell was quit unpleasant.  The smell does dissipate within 5-10 minutes and is not so awful that it would keep me from repurchasing it.
  •  
    Conclusion: It's a nice foundation, but it doesn't leave my skin dewy or luminescent, which is what I was looking for. I'm thinking of trying Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, which I have heard is extremely dewy and possibly just what my skin needs. But that is a bit expensive and not sure when I'll be able to afford it seeing as how there are $$$ worth of product before it on my wishlist ;)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment