Friday, March 25, 2011

Review : Samantha Chapman's Brushes!

 For those of you who may not know, Samantha Chapman is one of two sister's who make up the Youtube channel Pixiwoo. They are professional Make-up Artists that live in the UK and have been making Youtube make-up tutorials for several years. Just this month the Pixiwoo sisters each took a turn to announce very special and exciting news, firstly Nicola was expecting her first child (Congratulations!!!) and secondly Samantha was designing a line of brushes for RealTechniques that Ulta would be releasing come the end of the month. So here they are in all their glory!




Brush Collections come with a case that has a drawstring that serves as a handle when traveling, and also enables you to fold the case down and pinch it tight to conveniently prop up your brushes.

These are the two brushes I purchased that were not included in the Core Collection($8/10)

These brushes are made from synthetic taklon bristles and are 100% cruelty-free. They have aluminum handles with a rubber coated end and weighted nicely. The bristle are very soft on all of the brushes. The stippling brush has a small head and semi-dense bristles and applies liquid foundation beautifully. The basic foundation brush in the line is angled to get into the contours of your face. I found that because the bristles are synthetic the effect is a little "slappy" and depending on the individual you may or may not care for that feeling. The small contour brush is fabulous, I can see using this every day for contouring, bronzer and blush or even highlighting, tons of uses for this little brush and the bristle are extra soft! The pointed foundation brush I find very small and don't think that I would use it for foundation very often, although I did  try it with concealer and it blended it into my skin nicely, but I don't think I would have purchased it if it hadn't come in the set. The small detailer brush is also multi-tasking, I used it for concealer and lipstick as well as a pencil brush along my lash line, firm dense bristle are tapered to get right in there! Lastly is the buffing brush, so soft and supple, I can imagine it would apply mineral foundation like a dream with its domed top, I used it for my blusher today and it buffed the color in to leave me with just the right glow. Overall these brushes are just amazing! Single brushes can be purchased for under $10 and collections are all around $16. These are definitely budget friendly as well as high quality. I will absolutely be picking up the entire collection.  Well done Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo. Gorgeous brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment