Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Splurge: Burberry Bliss

Burberry came out with a beauty line about a year ago and I've just been able to get my hands on it. The line consists of Liquid Foundation, Powder Foundation, Pressed Powder, Bronzer, Blusher, Eyeshadow, Eye Pencil, Mascara, Lipstick, Lip Gloss and Lip Pencil. Each package is embossed with the Burberry check, as well as the make-up itself. The line is comparable to Chanel's price tag. I started off ordering the Sheer Fluid Foundation($52) and Sheer Lip Cover($30).

I placed my order to Burberry.com on Sunday evening and received my package Thursday afternoon (extra points for quick delivery!). I also should mention that shipping was free. I don't know if it was promotional or if its complimentary. The package came in a standard box, when I opened it I was greeted by a very bold Man-on-Horse icon. The items I ordered were wrapped in Burberry check tissue.

The linen packaging of both the foundation and lipstick was divine. Elegant and simple but so Burberry. I ordered the Sheer Fluid Foundation in #2 Trench. Note: The swatches on Burberry.com are far from they're true color. I found swatches of the foundation on other blogs and gave it an educated guess...lucky for me I nailed it. The color is just right for my ultra fair skin. It has pink undertones and is, very sheer! I will probably purchase this again in the summer when I have more color, as I also think it is best suited for normal/oily skin. My skin is very dry in the winter and although this doesn't dry me out and is very gentle, the finish is more matte than I like with a very soft finish. There is absolutely no need to powder over this. Also, it does have quit a strong scent, like roses and baby powder, it goes away by the time I'm applying my mascara so it really doesn't bother me at all.
The Sheer Lip Cover was also not true to color online. But thanks to fellow beauty bloggers I picked a winner! Cameo #2 is a gorgeous peachy pink, this applies like a dream and is so moisturizing. I slept with it on one night to see if it would make my lips peel (as I have very sensitive lips) I was pleasantly surprised to awake and find my lips were not peeled, but moisturized and silky!!! I will certainly be purchasing several more Lip Covers from Burberry in the future as well as their other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment